Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Borat's On Ice Reign of Terror


As if the football club wasn't woeful enough, Thailand has now reached a new high in ineptness in hockey at the Asia Winter Games, getting bombarded 52-1 against "powerhouse" Kazakhstan (to think what the score would've been had Nik Antropov been playing). While a loss of this nature might be a blow to a pipsqueak like Singapore, the Thais celebrated their two highlights (the other being when a defenseman bodychecked a linesman) and were delighted by the result.

While living in Bangkok during the 2002 World Cup I vowed to cheer for Thailand should they ever qualify for the tournament (at present their best bet is to hope that FIFA adds another hundred or so countries) and now I'm extending that support to the hockey team as well. Call me unpatriotic but I'd much rather root for Canadians who live in Thailand than Canadians who live in the States. But that's just me.

1 comment:

Kat's Scratch said...

I can relate. I'd rather cheer for Americans any place other than in the USA. When I am in the USA, Americans bother me and when I am abroad, they bother me still, but I'd rather root for them abroad.